Applications Open for 2019 Judith C. Jones Fellowship for Trainers of Color
About the Fellowship
The 2019 Judith C. Jones Fellowship for Trainers of Color is structured around three key components: 1) two in-person retreats; 2) monthly coaching sessions; and 3) skill-building opportunities, including TFC workshops and online Fellowship webinars. The Fellowship is a one-year commitment, from January to December 2019, with an opportunity to renew for a second year. We expect to accept up to five Fellows for 2019.
- In-person skill-building retreats, one at the beginning and one at the end of the Fellowship
- First retreat runs Sun, April 14-Tues, April 16, 2019 (attendance is required)
- Second retreat date TBD by the Fellowship cohort for late Summer or Fall
- Monthly meetings with a one-on-one coach who can hold the arc of the Fellow’s growth
- Fellows create a one-year work plan with their coach, outlining learning goals throughout the Fellowship
- Fellows are paired with a TFC Coach that best fits their work and goals, and when relevant, can be connected to additional coaches and mentors. TFC Core Trainers generally hold coaching roles.
WORKSHOPS & WEBINARS
- Free registration to any 2019 TFC workshop, including the Super-T (Fellows are responsible for travel)
- Bi-monthly online skill- and relationship-building webinars via Zoom throughout the year, among Fellows. These are opportunities to engage and lead around various themes using experiential education.
- Support to develop new tools, handouts, and resources.
To be eligible for the Judith C. Jones Fellowship, applicants must:
- Identify as a Person of Color. Contact us with any questions around how we use this language and your eligibility.
- Have completed a Training for Social Action Trainers (TSAT) workshop.
- Be active in a social change context; practice training and facilitation in grassroots organizing, community-building, leadership development, or direct action.
- Identify a training program, workshop, or ongoing facilitation opportunity that they will be working in during the course of the Fellowship.
- Have strong commitment to self-reflection and ongoing learning; have clear sense of own goals for the Fellowship and areas of growth as trainers and activists/organizers.
- Be accountable to program requirements; make a one-year commitment to the Fellowship and attend in-person retreats. We anticipate an average of 5 hours/month for Fellowship responsibilities.
- Reside in the United States or Canada.
For more information and to apply, visit the Training for Change website.
Posted on: Tuesday, December 04, 2018