Bread & Roses Community Fund Seeks Director of Programs
Bread & Roses Community Fund supports grassroots community groups leading movements for real change in the Philadelphia region. A partnership of donors and activists, Bread & Roses has distributed more than $10 million dollars in grants and provided thousands of hours of leadership development and other technical assistance to hundreds of community groups since its founding in 1977. With a focus on racial and economic justice, Bread & Roses supports groups fighting for better schools, good jobs, fewer prisons, quality healthcare, a safe environment, and much more.
The director of programs is responsible for working with Bread & Roses’ grantmaking and other committees to plan, manage, evaluate, and promote the grantmaking, technical assistance, and convening functions of Bread & Roses’ programs. The director of programs reports to the executive director.
- Oversee all aspects of grantmaking and scholarship programs in collaboration with grantmaking committees.
- Develop and implement technical assistance programming for grantees and allied organizations.
- Partner with key staff, board members, and stakeholders to develop and implement educational and engagement opportunities for grantees, donors and other stakeholders.
- Draft communications related to programs.
- Oversee community outreach efforts and maintain close working relationships with grantees, donors, the philanthropic community, and community partners.
- Provide management and supervision for staff, volunteers, and interns.
- Occasional evening and weekends hours.
- Skills and experience
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice issues, progressive social change, and belief in the core values of Bread & Roses.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in managing programs and people in the fields of community organizing, philanthropy, or social justice, including demonstrated experience in managing volunteers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with experience writing for publication and presenting with enthusiasm and conviction at meetings and conferences.
- Strong project management, facilitation, and technology skills.
Bread & Roses is committed to affirmative action and strongly encourages people of color, women, LGBTQ, elderly, and disabled candidates to apply.
Salary range is $50,000-$60,000 based on experience and includes a generous benefits package.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to Bread & Roses Community Fund, 1315 Walnut St., Suite 1300, Philadelphia, PA 19107 or email email@example.com. No phone calls please. Application deadline is October 29, 2014. We appreciate all applicants, but please be advised that we can only respond to those best qualified for the position.
Posted on: Tuesday, October 14, 2014