NALAC Leadership Institute 2019 Applications Are Open
The NALAC Leadership Institute (NLI) is a week-long rigorous program in arts management and leadership development that delivers innovative and practical strategies that lead to successful business practices in the arts. The dynamic learning environment cultivates a familiar, inclusive cultural space that provides multiple generations of Latinx artists, arts managers, and cultural promoters the support, knowledge, and agency to confidently respond to and initiate solutions to complex cultural questions. Applicants represent all Latinidades from multiple generations in various stages of career development.
The goals of the Institute are to:
- Develop core capacities in the areas of arts management, networking, marketing, fund development;
- Deliver training via interactive group learning, consultations, and leadership simulations;
- Advance knowledge in the field of Latino artistic expressions, research, and policy;
- Contextualize the frameworks that inform and affect Latino cultural production;
- Strengthen and expand the NALAC professional network;
- Promote awareness for planned organizational legacy and artistic/executive succession;
- Provide effective tools and research that optimize leadership competence; and,
- Prepare creative, strategic and nimble cultural leaders.
Latino artists, arts managers and cultural promoters in various stages of career development may apply.
At the time an application is submitted:
- Applicant must be an arts professional, artist and/or administrator;
- Applicant must be not be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program; and
- Applicant must be an Individual or Organizational Member of NALAC.
For more information and to apply, visit NALAC's website.
Posted on: Thursday, January 31, 2019