Sundance Institute New Frontier Story Lab Call for Submissions
The public call for submissions for the Sundance Institute New Frontier Story Lab is open! Submissions are due by October 18, 2017 for the 2018 Lab (subject to change). Apply Here.
Dates: May 16-21, 2018
Size of Lab: 6 Projects
Location: Sundance Resort, Utah
Eligibility: We look for projects that fit the following criteria:
- The project tells or co-creates a fiction, non-fiction or hybrid story (or stories).
- The project provides one or more of the following points of entry (broadly defined): film, gaming, theater, music, visual arts, comics, literature, design and web/mobile native arts.
- The project innovates story design by using new technologies and platforms to enable the creation of story; OR low-tech designs that are exploring new methods of storytelling.
- The project is a work in progress with at least one component of its story design in advanced development.
- Applicants must have completed some previous work in one or more fields related to their project.
- International projects will be considered, but all project materials must be provided in English.
With an emphasis on story, this Lab supports artists who are developing interactive, immersive, or experimental projects that aim to create rich and resonant experiences for audiences. The New Frontier Story Lab is open to a wide variety of storytelling disciplines, forms and story designs. The public call for submissions has closed for the 2017 Lab. Applications for the 2018 Lab will be available to storytellers, artists and creative technologists August 23, 2017, through October 18, 2017.
Posted on: Wednesday, October 11, 2017